Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cookies 'N' Cream Cupcakes


     Simply amazing, I would call these cupcakes. Quite a crowd pleaser as well, might I add. In my mind... if you like oreos, then there is no reason why you shouldn't like these cupcakes. A somewhat darker chocolate cupcakes, with an oreo cookie base topped off with a fluffy cookies and cream icing. What's there not to like?
     I love recipes like this. It turned out differently than I wanted but I actually came to like it better than the original thought. That's why baking is fun for me... it's sometimes unpredictable and there's always something else to learn :)
    
     When making these there is one basic rule to follow. DON'T EAT ALL OF THE OREOS!  When you start baking alot you start to know when not to consume sugar. If you've got a long baking day ahead of you... sugar is a big "no, no". I taste test all of the way, making sure that everything is coming together fine and when making multiple kinds of icing... that's multiple taste testing! Monitor the sugar intake... I don't want you feeling like I did this morning :/
     If you want to make these delicious treats it really is quite easy to make with your favorite recipes.
  1. Make your favorite chocolate cupcakes batter
  2. Make your favorite fluffy white icing
  3. Line your cupcake liners with an oreo
  4. Fill them up!
  5. Crumble up about 4 oreos VERY fine (almost like sand)
  6. Mix half of the crumbled oreo with the frosting
  7. Frost the cupcakes
  8. Sprinkle the rest of the crumbled oreos on top.
     Here are a couple of tips for you when making these. First off, when you're making the cookie's n cream frosting and you crumble up the oreos, MAKE SURE THE OREOS ARE VERY FINELY CRUSHED. If there are any big clumps at all, when you try to use your pastry bag and swirl on the frosting, the oreos will clump up and the frosting won't come out smooth. Also when I frost the cupcakes I work from the outside in. That way you can swirl upwards and put on a generous amount of frosting. Which I've found to be a crowd pleaser. Plus it gives the look of ice cream, which I can't help but think about when thinking of cookies n cream :)
     Another idea for these cupcakes would be to put a cream filling inside of it. It would might give it more of the effect of an oreo. You could go ahead and use the same frosting as you did on top, or maybe just maybe you would want to use more of a marshmallow cream filling?
     Like I said, if you like oreos then you will like these cupcakes! Also if you're one of those people that like your oreos with a glass of milk, then go for it! Enjoy your sandwich cookies in a cupcake treat :)
    
Kaybakescakes

No comments:

Post a Comment